Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

For once, a post without a drawing!  (The exception to the rule, I promise.)

I rarely ever bother making New Year's resolutions because I know I lack the motivation to keep them.  This time around, I've thought of a few things that I really want to accomplish.  I want to strengthen my testimony and grow closer to my Heavenly Father.  I want to learn to love myself so I can more fully love others.  I want to become someone who can better demonstrate my love and support for the people I care about.  Broken down into steps with measurable outcomes, here's how I hope to accomplish these:

Daily:

  • I am going to read my scriptures every day.
  • I am going to write something in my journal every day, and include at least one thing I'm grateful for.

Weekly:

  • Every Sunday, I'm going to read at least one General Conference talk.  I'm going to try to focus on a different member of the Quorum of the Twelve every month, but that's not set in stone.
  • Once a week, I'm going to include in a journal entry something I like about myself, or something I did that I'm proud of.
  • I am going to draw something and share it every week.  (I think daily was a bit much to handle.)

Monthly:

  • I am going to do my visiting teaching.
  • I am going to learn how to cook something new.  Maximum of one dessert per quarter.

I'm also thinking some of these will be good for my marriageability resume, too ;D  Haha.
So here's to the new year, and all the goals each of us has for it.  Best of luck!  I'll keep you posted ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment