Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Week Three: The Hunger Games

The only point I really hear debated about the Hunger Games is whether Katniss should be with Gale or with Peeta.

Most women I know (myself included) say "Peeta!  Definitely Peeta!  He treats her right and is completely devoted to her and blah blah blah."  It's interesting to look into this issue more critically.  It's easy to make the decision for someone else; Katniss is a fictional character, and no one's life is going to be critically altered by either decision.  But who would you choose?  And I don't just mean "Gale or Peeta?"  Think about the people in your life who can epitomize Gale or Peeta.  Which one do you choose: your first love and best friend, fierce and temperamental; or the one who has always been devoted to you, strong and reliable?  It's tougher to make a decision, isn't it?

From what I've seen, Peeta wins the polls.  But in real life, Gale's the one who wins.  Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Peeta in both. Gale certainly gets points in the best friend/first love category, but he loses me at fierce and temperamental. Like Katniss, I would need (NEED) Peeta's steadiness to balance out my own passion.

    ReplyDelete